Water is the most essential element to life on this planet. Our body consists of 70% water.
Do you know that 74% of the people are dehydrated and dehydration results in decreasing the metabolism by 3-4%.
In order to lead a healthy lifestyle, you must drink 3-4 litres of water everyday.
Benefits of drinking water
1. Lose Weight : You can flush out the toxins of the fat breakdown from your body by drinking water. Also, water has no calories so just grab a water bottle intead of sweetened/cold drinks and get healthier.
2. Get young with healthy skin : Skin is the biggest organ in our body and all the organs have water in them.
Drink more water as water helps to replenish the skin tissues, moisturise your skin and increases the skin elasticity. So, always make sure that you are hydrated.
3. Increased productivity : Your brain contains 90% water so it actually makes sense to make yourself hydrated when you are in office. Instead of drinking coffee all day, drinking water will actually help you to increase concentration.
4. Better gym workouts and exercise : Water maintains the temperature of your body and it prevents your body of going in survival mode when temperature of body increases while working out in gym. So, you can actually have more energy to complete your workout efficiently.
5. Improves digestion : Drinking water actually helps with gastric disorders and it makes the digestion strong.
6. Fights cramps : If you are dehydrated then you may have cramps in your legs or shoulders. Make sure that you keep yourself hydrated throughout the day and if you are an athlete.
7. Fights diseases and general illness : Water removes all the bad toxins from your body and helps to keep you fit and active.
8. More muscles : Nutrients reach the muscles easliy through blood stream of the body is hydrated and repairing of the muscle tissues increases indirectly and thus improves the muscle quantity.
9. Mood lifter : Considering all the above factors, drinking water actually improves the lifestyle and helps you be in a happy state of mind.
10. Decreases the workload of kidney : The function of kidney is to purify the blood and water actually helps to manage the workload of the same.