Warm up is really important before starting the workout and it should not be missed in any case. Just spend 5-10 minutes and see the improved performance of yours during the workout session.
By doing warm up regularly, you can reduce the chances of injury and muscle damage.
Why you should warm up before lifting weights or exercise ?
- It increases the blood flow to the muscles.
- Doing warm up will decrease the muscular stiffness.
- By doing a little 5 min warm up you can actually increase your speed and strength.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
- Improves muscle elasticity.
- Prevents overheating of muscles during workout.
- It increases the range of motion.
Warm up exercises which you can perform pre-workout ?
- Push Up Bars : Do 2-3 sets of Push Ups with 10-15 reps each.
- Rotate you shoulders in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- Stretch your arms.
- Do some squats and stretch your legs.
- Move your wrist in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- Head movements : Rotate your head slowly up-down and left-right.
- Use the treadmill and run for 5-10 minutes.
- Cycling can be done for few minutes.
- Have a small session on Elliptical Machine.
- Use Step Platform to go up and come down 5-10 times and carry some weight if possible.
- Use Resistance Band to warm up a particular muscle. Also, you can carry along these bands when you are travelling.
It is always recommended to warm up that particular muscle which you are going to train on that day. For instance, if it is your leg day, make sure you do some squats and leg stretching before starting the actual workout session.
In order to achieve the desired results and the extra pump, it is really important that the blood should flow properly in the working muscle.
Once you complete the workout, do some stretching of that muscle group. For example, if you have completed the chest exercise then stretch you chest for 5 minutes and cool down the muscle.