Swimming is considered as one of the best cardio in this planet. It is a full body workout which makes your body lean and fit while building solid abs.
When you start swimming, the first lesson is floating. In floating, the coach will teach you to balance your body in the water followed by mouth breathing (fill up your lungs with oxygen and exhale while you are in the swimming pool).
Once you learn the basics of swimming which includes floating, mouth breathing and leg beating, you are all-set to swim in a couple of days.
Always remember to wear Swimming Goggles to protect your eyes from chlorinated water of the swimming pool.
Also, in order to protect your hairs from the chlorine present in the water, wearing Swimming Cap is highly recommended.
Benefits of Swimming !!
- It improves the heart rate and blood flow.
- Makes you body lean, fit and attractive.
- Swimming Breast-Stroke for 30 minutes will burn approx. 367K calories which beats cycling and running.
- Stress relieving : Lowers the stress and tension while you spend some time in the water.
- Mood Up-lifter : Swimming stimulates the serotonin which is a feel good hormone.
- Strengthens your muscles : Water is thicker than air and the resistance of water is 44 times greater than air so it takes more effort to move your body in the water.
- Sound Sleep : Swimming improves sleep. People who swim regularly are the least likely to report sleep disorders.
- Swimming is Low-Impact : Around 90% of your body weight is buoyant when you swim, so you are bearing only 10% of your weight which allows for greater ease of movement with less strain placed on bones, joints and muscles.
- Its sweat free : While swimming, your constant body movement generates up to 88% of your body heat but as you stay in water, it gets cooled down and never makes you sweaty.
- Prevents Diabetes : A daily swimming session with a balanced diet helps in controlling blood sugar levels
- Reduces Blood Pressure and Cholesterol levels
**Please do not jump-in the pool without taking swimming lessons.