Today, we will discuss about Fish oil and whenever we say fish oil, Omega-3 comes into picture.
Omega-3 is polyunsaturated fatty acids which is the most essential nutrient for heart and brain.
Why we need to have Omega-3 in our diet ?
In today’s lifestyle, eating fish everyday is not possible and most of the population is vegetarian but in order to have a health heart and brain one should intake Omega-3 everyday.
Omega-3 is found in fish, seeds, nuts, walnuts and whole eggs (also consists saturated fat) but one cannot consume the recommended 500 mg(EPA and DHA) of intake with these items. So, in order to achieve recommended dosage, we have to take Fish oil which should have at-least 500mg of EPA (EcosaPentanoic Acid) & DHA (DecosaHexanoic Acid).
Benefits of Fish Oil :
- Heart health : Omega-3 raises good levels of HDL (the good cholesterol) and lowers triglycerides by about 15-30%. Moreover, it stops the plaque that form in arteries.
- Brain health : Brain is made up of 60% of fat and much of these are Omega-3. Studies have shown that consuming Omega-3 regularly has completely treated some brain problems.
- Helps in weight loss : By taking Omega-3 regularly can better the body composition.
- Reduce Inflammation.
- Taking fish oil can lesser joint pain, stiffness and the need of medication in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Skin benefits : The biggest organ in our body is skin which has a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids. Fish oil is also useful in skin disorders.
- Healthy liver : It reduces liver fat and brings down the swelling.
- Depression and Anxiety : Lower amount of Omega-3 can results in depression and anxiety and by taking Omega-3, depression and anxiety can be cured.
- Prevents mental decline and boost memory in older people.
- Improves bone health.
Lets talk about L-Carnitine :
The name L-Carnitine comes from a greek work ”Carnus” which means meat.
L-Carnitine is the damn good amino acid. It is naturally produced in our body which is pretty much sufficient for the normal function. But if you are an athlete, sportsperson or into bodybuilding then you need to add more quantity of L-Carnitine in your body.
We get L-Carnitine from non vegetarian as well as from vegetarian food like meat, nuts, seeds and vegetables.
Benefits of L-Carnitine :
Basically, L-Carnitine transforms the stored fat into energy. It pushes the stored fatty acids in the blood stream which is finally burned as energy through exercise. Also, it increases the blood flow so that more nutrients will be supplied to the muscles.
It is a simple fat burning strategy and will not at all affect your muscles.
Other benefits of using L-Carnitine are listed below :
- Improves heart health
- Enhance male fertility and increases the sperm count
- Improves brain function (Neurological benefits)
- Healthy immune system (Antioxidant properties)
- Useful in diabetes prevention and treatment
- Workout recovery
- Improves vascularity
How much L-Carnitine you can take :
Consuming 2-3 gram of L-Carnitine per day (split the dosage with early morning, pre and post workout) is totally safe if you are an athlete and have serious goals.
Remember to drink at-least 3-4 litres of water while taking this supplement.
Today, I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about ‘Creatine’ and why you should you take it to reach your goals.
Creatine is produced from amino acids naturally in our body and 90% of the creatine is stored in our muscles and skeleton. We can get only 1 gram of creatine from the daily diet (from non vegetarian food) and it basically increases the ATP levels.
If you are an athelete, sportsman or into bodybuilding then you need atleast 5 grams of creatine per day as creatine enhances the performance, strength and endurance to reach your goals which is not at all possible from the natural diet and as stated above. You get maximum 1 gram of creatine from non vegetarian diet (i.e from chicken, meat and porque). Furthermore, consuming 20 grams of creatine per day is totally safe.
There are 4 types of creatine supplements available in the market to use :
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Micronized Creatine
- Ethyl Ester
How to take the creatine supplement :
For maximum results, you can take 5 grams of creatine (monohydrate) with water before going to the gym (or add with your pre-workout drink) and 5 grams with the post workout protein shake or with black grape juice.
**Make sure to drink atleast 4-5 litres of water daily when you are using creatine or any other supplements. Why it is necessary ? Because the water carry the nutrients in the blood stream which is finally supplied to your muscles.
Now, what will happen if you don’t drink 4-5 litres of water daily?
This is what happens :
Your kidney will be overloaded with excess of nutrients. Since, the function of the kidney is to purify the blood and in order to minimize that workload, you must do the needful and drink more water.
There are no such side effects of using creatine.