BCAA is termed as Branched Chain Amino Acid and it is considered as one the best supplement to prevent the body from moving to catabolic state. There are 2 types of amino acids – Essential & Non-essential . BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) is an essential amino acid.
Essential amino acids are those amino acids which are not produced by our body and should be added in the body through diet or from supplements. On the other hand, Non-essential amino acids are naturally produced by the body.
Now, the question arises that where are branched chain amino acids metabolized. Basically, BCAA’s is made up of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine in the ratio of 2:1:1 and it is metabolized in muscle and not in liver.
What is the use of BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) ?
If you are an athlete or into bodybuilding and have serious goals then you must supplement your body with BCAA because you are working more than a normal person and your body needs more (fuel) amino acids.
However, you can eat eggs, chicken, fish, beef, turkey, lentils, vegetables and quinoa to get the amino acids but there are more nutrients associated with these food items are the same are high in calories. So, it is not recommended to eat a lot the above mentioned food items just to get the BCAA’s.
What are the benefits of BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acid)?
The benefits of BCAA’s are listed below :
- BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acid) help rebuild your muscle tissues.
- It helps in the muscle fiber recruitment : Repairs the teared muscle tissue.
- Also, it helps in the growth of your muscle tissue.
- BCAA’s prevents the muscle breakdown.
- Prevents your body from going in catabolic state (muscle breakdown) : The body goes into catabolic state if you lack amino acids and at the same time, body uses muscle as a fuel which the worst scenario.
- Branched Chain Amino Acid always keeps your body in anabolic state : Muscles only grow when the body is in anabolic state and BCAA helps to achieve that.
When to take BCAA and how much to take?
You can take BCAA 3 times during the day and the best time to take it is early in the morning (5 grams) when your body is in catabolic state and craves for nutrients.
Also, you can consume 5 grams of BCAA pre-workout and 5 grams post workout.
Early Morning : 5 grams
Before Workout : 5 grams
Post workout : 5 grams
BCAA side effects ?
There are as such no side effects of using BCAA supplement. However, if you have a delicate stomach then add at-least 1/2 liter water with 5 gram of BCAA (powder form) and mix it well before drinking.
Click here to buy the best BCAA supplement with the awesome reviews.